How does Kirksville Web Design make the best Google Sites?
It's not a mysterious formula, we just keep up to date on current design standards. We seek inspiration everywhere and we find all there is to read on topics like graphic design, typography, and SEO. Good principles still apply to Google Sites, the same as any other web hosting platform.
We're dedicated to providing the best Google Sites in 2013 and maintain our top position as the premier Google Sites designer.
Here's what our recent clients have said:
A job well done.
For our webpage www.eiow.org kirksville developed the logo and design. The project has been executed professionally and the communication was very efficient. I can totally recommend them.
My partner and I have gone from zero to sixty in just a couple of months with a small start-up business. We decided that a web site was essential for that business but neither of us had any website development experience whatsoever. We chose the combination of Google Apps for Business, Google Sites and Kirksville Web Design. We have worked primarily with Mr. Horst who knows the ins and outs and quirks of Google Sites. Those are important things to know because Google Sites is feature rich but with a few things that are only done the "Google Sites" way. Mr. Horst also helped us, primarily my partner, Angela Barnes, to learn enough along the way to do some of our own development and maintenance as well.
We have amassed 60 reviews today! That the most for any custom application development on the entire marketplace. So join the crowd and see what Kirksville Web Design can do for you. We only provide the best.
"Thank you" to all our Kirksville Web Design clients, resellers, and supporters out there. We enjoyed a very successful year in 2012 and things look to continue that way into 2013.
Here's what we will focus on this year:
- Always room for improvement - We want to design the BEST Google Sites and nothing less. So we will pour ourselves into study and research of design trends and clarity of design.
- Intranet - The key here is usability and we want to make Intranets that are very easy to navigate, whether it is ten pages or one hundred. We want to help clients migrate to the safe and secure Google Sites system, away from outdated and deteriorating CMS.
- Help Businesses - This has always been our mission, but we are restating it for emphasis. We want to give professionals, doctors, dentists, lawyers, consultants, plumbers, builders, and shops great looking Google Sites.
While I'm at it, here is one of our latest Google Sites that went live recently:
We often hear of organizations, businesses, and groups who want to improve their Google Sites intranet experience.
Most often, organizations are choosing a template out of the box, that is the Google Sites Template Gallery. While the templates there are a great starting point, in the end they won't speak to your audience. Remember, employees are really internal customers, you have to keep them happy too. If the intranet is difficult to navigate (this happens a lot with huge sidebar navigation menus) the collaboration on the intranet will suffer.
Intranet Tip #1: Boil down your navigation options to categories and create the horizontal navigation menu.
The horizontal navigation doesn't populate automatically, but that's a good thing in this case. You can to keep it simply, at least at first. Present a few options rather than hundreds.
Intranet Tip #2: Be consistent with design and styling
Create a method to your madness, a design pattern that is visitor can quickly acclimate to. Use the same font throughout, the same page layout, and the same Heading, SubHeading, Paragraph style. This will be more pleasing to the eye and professional looking.
Intranet Tip #3: Use a graphic designer or Google Sites designer
There is a reason why we're building some many intranet designs, it's because organizations see the benefit of an excellent design that matches their brand. It is really helpful and reassuring for visitors to notice their in the company space. It means security and unlike those out of the box templates, will wow your staff. Invest in a well designed Google Sites intranet.
Well, I just finished my queue of #Google Sites design drafts. Know a business who needs a fresh website or a company who needs help with organization? Resell our services for a win-win-win model.
Why do I say that?
- The client wins because they receive a better product with no more monthly fees to pay (long term savings)
- The Reseller wins because they can add their own profit margin to our quotes (try an easy 10%-20%)
- Kirksville Web Design wins because we receive the work.
Kirksville Web Design has had the pleasure of teaming up with several wonderful Google Apps Authorized Resellers. Our friends at Cumulus Global have published their press release, you can read it here. We've already started in on a great project and there will be plenty more in the future, especially with the increased demand for company intranet solutions. Google Sites has been our passion and being a leader in design and development of this Google Apps product has been exciting.
As you will now see on our home page, we are featured brand new websites we've launched:
- We developed a Google Site for medical innovator Aeon Scientific of Switzerland.
- We designed the Google Site for IT company and Google Apps Reseller OM-Conseil of France.
- We launched the Google Site for commercial real estate company Stream-CP of Chicago, US.
We have coined the term "Go Google Sites" because small business and companies are really flocking to Google Sites for public facing websites and intranet solutions. So in honor of this movement we've launched a need website with an initiate: gogooglesites.kirksvillewebdesign.com.
This website is a great tool for Google Apps Resellers to show their clients. It quickly outlines the features of Google Sites. Like how it's easy to maintain and there are no hosting fees.
The next time you build a website, consider Google Sites because it's capable of a lot more than you think. Migrate away from monthly fees, unreliability, and outsourcing maintenance.
We hope you find gogooglesites.kirksvillewebdesign.com a helpful reminder for that next web project.
It has been announced by the Microsoft Live team that they are going to start charging customers for their previously free websites. Microsoft 365 is a productivity suite that has a monthly fee.
Now is a good time to Go Google.
Remember, Google Apps is free for up to 10 users. Google Sites is free and provides 10GB of free web hosting.
Here is information from Microsoft Office Live Small Business:
How will Office Live Small Business customers be affected?
- Microsoft Office 365 will replace Office Live Small Business as the comprehensive Microsoft productivity service for small businesses.
- The Office Live Small Business service will continue to run as it does today through April 30, 2012.
- As a valued Office Live Small Business customer, you will be offered a 6 month, no obligation free trial of both Office 365 for professionals and small business and Office Professional Plus.
- For now, Office Live Small Business customers can continue to use the service. Once the promotional offer is available, follow the self transition guide to move over your web site, email, contacts and calendar to Office 365 or hire a partner.
Office 365 for professionals and small businesses (Plan P1) will cost $6 per user per month after the free promotional period. Custom domain fees are not included in the free offer period. Office Professional Plus will cost $15 per user per month.
We've posted two new Google Sites templates to the Google Sites Templates
The first design is a model IT company website (Ultimate IT). Here are some of the highlights of this awesome Google Site that you can purchase and own.
- Sample Custom Logo in the header
- Sleek graphics for that brushed aluminum look
- A main image, which can also be a slideshow
- Three column layout for highlighting those key features of your product or service
- Web design on the dark side for a high contrast legibility
- Footer and other items that use shadow effect to "lift" off the page
The second Google Sites design is for a model financial consulting firm called 'Tradeshop.'
- A sophisticated look both with complimenting organic color scheme
- Clear call to action buttons at the top and bottom of the page
- Easy horizontal navigation bar
- Dynamic elements like a 3D button
- An area just below the navigation bar allows for a quick summary point or page title.
We hope you enjoy these two additional templates, which can be customized to fit your company. Remember to Go Google and then Go Google Sites. Thanks.
Social media has been a huge buzzword this year and continues to grow in popularity and usefulness. If your company is taking advantage of this form of advertising (Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, etc.), make sure your website is in step. A continuity between social media and your website can really reinforce impression that you're professional, put together, on the ball.
We develop gadgets, graphics, and buttons that connect to your social media accounts through Google Sites. Here's somewhat of a list:
- Google +1 Button
- Twitter Tweet Button
- Google + Profile Badge
- Twitter Profile Badge
- Facebook Profile Badge
- Facebook Like Button
- Custom hover-over buttons for any social media platform (Linkedin, Youtube, About.me, etc)
You want to spread the word that you are taking on clients and customers. Kirksville Web Design will design your Google Sites website with social media in mind.
Google Sites is a growing, changing platform that continues to improve. Sometimes those innovations and those changes can cause problems with existing content.
For example, we had a client mention some problems with their website viewing on the iPhone. We troubleshooted the problem that day and fixed it that day. Even before Google knows about an issue with Google Sites, we are on the job fixing the bug or at least reconfiguring the website as a work around.
With your Google Sites website, you are investing in stability. Your website will be up 99% of the time and your content will remain compatible across browsers, devices, and updates. It's liberating.